Portsmouth Veterinary Clinic is a well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. Our mission is to practice the highest quality medical care for pets in a comfortable, stress-free, compassionate environment.
More information about the services we offer:
- Preventive Health Care Programs: examinations, vaccinations, dental services, parasite control, nutritional counseling, and geriatric health care programs.
- General Medicine. We have multiple doctors on staff that diagnose and treat almost any type of medical case, even the most complicated ones. We have access to a mobile board certified cardiologist who treats our patients in our clinic.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, digital dental x-rays, tooth extractions and oral surgery.
- Diagnostic Services: Our hospital is equipped with the latest technology, including digital X-ray, ultrasound, and in-house laboratory.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures. We have access to a board certified surgeon who treat our patients in our clinic.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide that extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. We have certified veterinary technicians with advanced training in patient care, anesthesia, pain control and dentistry. Using the most modern equipment, the patient’s vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Electrocardiography Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet.
- Nutrition and Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet’s nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
- Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling, separation anxiety and aggression.